Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Sunday, March 22, 2009

She's Batty Designs



Name: Jamie

Company: She\'s Batty Designs

State/Location: London, Ontario, Canada

Featured Product: Custom Wedding Invitation

Description: offer custom wedding invitations to help bring your personal style to your wedding invitations! Custom wedding invitations are a great way to show off your unique, stylish and creative personality, and best of all, I'll do all the work for you! All you have to do is let me know what theme you are looking for.I can make you the exact designs that is pictured above or I can make you something totally different to fit in seamlessly with your personal wedding style! Please make a note during check out as to whether you'd like the design pictured above, or something else.Note: The names on the invitation pictured above have been blurred out due to privacy reasons; sorry for any distraction this may cause.

1) What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?
Of course :) I\'ve moved from \"artist\" to more of a \"crafter\" because I find the \"craft\" world a lot more welcoming. While studying Fine Arts, I found that when you\'re labeled as an \"artist\" you have to constantly justify yourself and your art. When it comes to crafts, people are a lot more light hearted about their works and the community surrounding their works and interests. This is a lot more appealing to me.

2) What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?
Besides what I\'ve mentioned above, being creative is a force that has always driven me. I can\'t go for too long without being creative. It relaxes me. I start to get anxious if it\'s been too long since I\'ve done something creative. I also LOVE holidays (Halloween being my favourite) and being crafty fits perfectly with holiday celebrations. I\'m also inspired by autumn colours, darker arts, and sometimes, just by anything cute! What motivates me one day can be the total opposite of what motivates me the next.

3) Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
Well, today is Saturday and I don\'t have to work so I slept in. That was a good start! If we are imagining a perfect day I would be with my man, be pain free (I have ankylosing spondylitis), my dogs would get to go to the dog park and run around, there would be twice as many hours in the day, I would sculpt a HUGE creepy scarecrow in the autumn sun, then play around with some clay, and later play with paper! We would finish the day off by cuddling (with my man and all the dogs) on the couch while watching a NEW tim burton film. Oh, while eating fresh berries :)

4) What are your favorite designs/creations?
Anything Halloween or Autumn.

5) Where can they see your crafts and designs? Flickr, Art Fire, Etsy, or my Blog. http://www.flickr.com/photos/25939453@N08/ http://shesbattydesigns.artfire.com/

6) What’s the best customer service you can offer?
I always make sure I know EXACTLY what people want when doing a custom order. Thanking buyers is also huge and ensuring you go the extra mile with every step of the buying process.. go ABOVE what YOU would expect from a buyer.

7) What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?
I hope that I can devote more time to it in the future. For this to happen it would have to bring in at least a part time income. This would be an amazing goal for me to meet if I could only work part time out side of the home. Thankfully I have a full time job that I LOVE - I work at an animal shelter. If I am unable to continue at the animal shelter in the future than I would only want to work part time outside of the home and spend the rest of the time at my studio :) Ultimately, my hopes are to continue to love crafting and to continue to get great joy from it.

8) Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?
Take the time each day to do something creative. Being creative daily helps challenge your skills and keep your works fresh.
Kraftouch: Can I use picture of your work to post in my blog as part of your featured interview?
Jamie: Sure! :)

No comments:

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile