Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Clay Dreams "Star of the Day"



Company: Clay Dreams
State: Virginia

What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?
My greatest joy is creating interesting pieces from polymer clay; I enjoy learning new ways to create one of kind pieces that spark conversation. Each piece of my work is unique and sculpted with great attention to detail. Working with each client to design and make a piece that fits their particular need gives me satisfaction as an artist.

What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?
I'm not really an office kind of person. Having the freedom to express myself in my own time and space motivates me to create beautiful pieces.

Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
Sitting on my back porch, looking at interesting things in my yard and sketching ideas for new pieces.

What are your favorite designs/creations?
My favorite creation would be one that has exceeded the expectations of my client. I created a snake, rising up a tree once that totally amazed me and the client when it was finished. When the client asked for a snake, I thought to myself, "OH BOY", I don't even like snakes, then with clay in hand, my creative side took over. This was perhaps the most beautiful piece of work I have created thus far.

Where can they see your crafts and designs?
I currently have shops open at
http://www.claydreams01.etsy.com/
http://www.claydreams.artfire.com/
I also participate in craft/artfair events locally in Virginia and from time to time in Ohio.

What’s the best customer service you can offer?
Listening to what a client wants, designing that piece to specifications adding my own unique touches to it and delivering the piece ahead of schedule.

What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?
At some point, I would love to be able to support myself from my work. There would be nothing better than to be able to do my craft full-time.

Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?
Follow your dreams, where ever they may lead you.

http://claydreams.artfire.com/

Kraftouch:Can I use picture of your work to post in my blog as part of your featured interview?
Clay Dreams: Yes, I sent in an attachment a photo of one or two pieces. You can choose which piece you would like to use.

No comments:

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile