Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hdawnparrat


Name: Heather

Company: Heather's Handmade Cards

Location: Alberta,Canada


Featured Work: HAPPY MOTHER''S DAY BIRD CARD

Description: Here is a very pretty mother's day card. Pretty springlike and bright colors. This card is blank inside but if you would like something stamped on the inside let me know with note to seller with payment. Thanks for looking. Comes with a white envelope

What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?
I would like to be known as a scrapbooker/paper crafter.


What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?


I get motivated mostly to make handmade greeting cards. I was a avid scrapbooker who loved to scrapbookin my wedding,pets,family. When I ran out of pictures to scrapbook, I turned to card making and was instantly addicted. I enjoy the feedback I get from the people who purchase my cards or those who receive them.


Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
Usually when I'm not working I can be found in my scrapbooking room making a greeting card for a family member or my online shop, or an order I have received. That is my most favorite thing to do.


What are your favorite designs/creations?


My favorite designs or creations are basic greeting cards. I also make paper bag albums but find them so time consuming that to do them I really have to be in the right mood. Cards I just find come more naturally to me and if my cards can make someone smile it pushes me on to continue to make them.


Where can they see your crafts and designs?


I have two online shops. One is on artfire, and the other shop is on etsy. I joined etsy in march of 2008 and loved it so much it prompted me to open another shop on artfire. I also have a blog where I write about my projects and enjoy the comments and feedback I get there as well.


www.hdawnparratt.etsy.com


www.hdawnparratt.artfire.com


www.heather-cardcreations.blogspot.com



What’s the best customer service you can offer?


The best customer service I can offer is putting smiles on the faces of people who receive my cards and projects. I love what I do very much and strive to make sure every sale is a happy one. So far I have had only postive feedback and hope it will only continue to flourish and grow.


What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?


My hopes and desires are simple, to have people enjoy my cards, and if they are happy to have them return to my shop again and again. I hope as time grows my shops grow and my client list grows. Making people happy makes me happy, I hope I can continue to do this for a long time to come :)


Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?


If I had to share a message to other crafters / artisans I would say just have fun and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Some artists do better then others with sales, there are lots of trials and errors, if you have fun with it and enjoy what you do to me that is the best gift you could give yourself. hdawnparratt@hotmail.comhttp://www.hdawnparratt.etsy.com/http://www.hdawnparratt.artfire.com/http://www.heather-cardcreations.blogspot.com/


Kraftouch: I would like to ask permission to use a photo of your work.


Hdawnparratt: I would be more than happy for you to use any pictures of my work for your feature, which ever card or project you choose is ok with me :) Thanks again so much. It is really appreciated :)

1 comment:

Ink with Heather said...

Thanks so much for the feature!!! It is nice to be noticed and appreciated for what i love to do :)

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile