Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

paperfruithair "Star of the Day"



Name: Melissa Reynolds
Company: paperfruithair
State/Location: London, Ontario
What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?
I was always the weird kid, which made it harder to fit into the premade social forms of high school. Then with time I learned to love being the oddball. I stopped trying to make PRETTY things and now aim for DIFFERENT, because it's more fun to be the quirky crafter than the solemn artist.

What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?
It's a compulsion. I HAVE to make things. Having A.D.D. helps, because everything I see or read or hear gets churned through my head until it's been warped into a new idea. You should see my little "To Make" notebook, I've barely made a dent in it.

Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
I'd go back home to Florida and chase the sun: wake up before dawn on the east coast and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic, then make my way slowly across the state (maybe eating at Denny's and shopping at Target, I miss both very much) until it's time for the sun to set over the Gulf of Mexico. I spent my entire 30 years there and never once did it.

What are your favorite designs/creations?
Out of my own creations, probably my dollhouse food. I've adored making miniatures since I was a little girl with my Play-Doh. Of all the other designs and creations out there, I love the macabre the most. I have a great respect for anyone with a dark sense of humour who doesn't take him-or-herself too seriously.
Where can they see your crafts and designs?
I've been at etsy for a while: http://paperfruithair.etsy.com/;
I've recently joined artfire: http://paperfruithair.artfire.com/;
and I've got a makeshift portfolio at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/paperfruithair/
What’s the best customer service you can offer?
Anyone who buys from me get access to a good listener with an obsession for detail and a touch of OCD. Special orders receive lots of communication and all other stock is described in as much detail as possible. If you should be displeased for any reason, I'll work with you until you're happy again.

What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?
My hope is to sell you something that makes your friends ask "Ooh, where did you get that from??" Ideally, you'll then tell them how to find me. ;)

Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?
Do it for the love of getting your hands dirty.

No comments:

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile