Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ArtsyClay



Name: Judy Tanner


Company: ArtsyClay


State/Location: North Carolina




Featured Product: Whimsical Mushroom House Pin ( Brooch )


Description: The little elves who live in the woods have made their home in a red and pink-spotted mushroom nestled among vines and leaves. Add a fun touch to your outfit with this adorable house pin, handmade of polymer clay. Colors include dark red, a hand-mixed shade of pink, brown, off-white and green.




1) What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?


I\'d like to be known as a polymer clay artist who makes unique whimsical creations.




2) What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?


Anything that touches my heart and makes me go oooo. It might be a beautiful tree or leaf or flower in the woods when I\'m out for a walk or a sunset or an intriguing cloud shape in the sky ... hearing soft soothing music ... seeing an outstanding color combination that someone is wearing ... or something sweet like a cute kitty or dog.




3) Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?


As I start every day, I would first give thanks to God for a new day of life and then do some yoga and of course have some breakfast. Then I\'d get to work! I\'d put on some favorite music and spend some time playing with blocks of polymer clay ... mixing colors and rolling the pieces through the pasta maker ... and seeing what happens. Then I might sketch some ideas and make them out of clay. I might look through a magazine or online for pictures and colors that inspire me, and make something else or add the pictures to my ideas notebook. At some point, I\'d take a break and go out for a walk and come back carrying a leaf or a rock, and seeing what that leads to ... a leaf shape or something abstract that might be the colors in the leaf or in the rock. In a \"real\" day I have to do laundry, clean the house, take care of my family, etc. so it\'s fun to think of the luxury of a whole day of just playing with my clay.




4) What are your favorite designs/creations?


Ones that I enjoy making over and over with new details are faces, nature (leaves, trees, birds, animals), hearts, suns, moons, houses, music and abstract contemporary designs.




5) Where can they see your crafts and designs?








6) What’s the best customer service you can offer?


I do my best to to treat each customer as I would like to be treated. So that means I * answer emails as soon as possible * mail out orders the next business day after the payment has cleared (for items already in stock) * send a notification email thanking my customer and letting them know when I have shipped their item * and if someone requests a custom order, I communicate carefully with them every step of the way.




7) What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?


I\'ve been \"claying\" since 1997 and still have some of the first items I made, and can certainly see that I\'ve improved, so I hope to continue to improve and evolve in my artistic abilities, to keep experimenting with various techniques and new designs, and to continue to grow my business to be more successful - online, at craft shows and in local galleries.




8) Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?


Do what you love! I think the most important thing is to enjoy what we do. I have learned the importance of taking a break now and then to replenish my spirit. Otherwise, nothing turns out well.




THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Judy (ArtsyClay)

No comments:

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile