Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Painting Paradise "Star of the Day"



Name: Marionette
Company: Painting Paradise
State: Kauai

Featured Product: RHYTHM OF THE HULA 8X10 PRINT

Description: Set against a colorful background of red ti leaves, banana plant leaves, and blue skies, we can almost hear the beat of the ipu heke’ola as the beautiful hula dancer keeps the rhythm of the hula throughout her performance. She gracefully sways from side to side.

Aloha from Kauai, Marionette

What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?

I would like to be known for creating and teaching art about the island of Kauai and all of it's beauty. When someone views my art, I want them to be reminded of a tropical paradise that takes them away from their day-to-day worries.

What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?
Creating art is such a part of me that I gave up a job as a chemist to move to Kauai and teach/create art full time. I truly love what I am doing now and feel extremely blessed. My inspiration to paint comes from the tropical flowers, ocean, mountains, and other things that are unique to Kauai.

Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
I would most likely take a "relaxation" day and go to the beach!

What are your favorite designs/creations?
I love my new watercolors with pen and ink that depict some of the old plantation cottages from the sugar cane era.

Where can they see your crafts and designs?

What’s the best customer service you can offer?
When someone commissions me to do a painting for them, I offer a money back guarantee. I want my customers to be happy.

What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?
I want to keep teaching classes at my studio (watercolor, acrylics, pastels, silk painting, scratchboard, and sumi-e) because I really enjoy teaching people how to create something beautiful. I also hope to write an art instruction book someday. I will also keep learning and creating new works of art that bring joy into people's lives.

Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?
Create from the heart and keep practicing your art/craft. Practice really does make perfect, and we can keep learning new techniques throughout our whole lives. Follow your dream!

Kraftouch: Can I use picture of your work to post in my blog as part of your featured interview?
Marionette: Yes! Mahalo Nui Loa for this article!
Aloha, Marionette

2 comments:

Marionette said...

Marilou,
Mahalo Nui Loa for this article! I feel so blessed to be a part of your beautiful blog!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

WillowWalker said...

I have never had the chance to go Kauai but one of my best friends has. She loves it and it is her favorite place to visist.

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile