Kraftouch 2012 Crazy Train Ride

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Simple Arts Planet by Lis C. "Star of the Day"



Name: Lis C.
Company: Simple Arts Planet (saplanet)
Brand name: saplanet originals
State: Singapore
Featured Product:SAPLANET AMIGURUMI PATTERN - FAIRY TALE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE BIG BAD WOLF

Description: This is an ideal teaching material for kids, since there are no beads (apart from the optional choker that Wolfie wears) or detachable parts used in this set of dolls, they are pretty safe for young children.

What would you like to be known or recognize as a crafter/artisan?
A crafter who strives to constantly renew and improve her designs, and crafting skills.

What motivates or inspire you to do crafting?
With my counseling background, emotions are almost like my best friends, and any emotion could be my inspiration for new designs. The delicate process in crochet crafts is probably what keeps my passion burning for this business. A process that allows thoughts to flow even in the midst of crafting.

Given today as a day you can do whatever you like, how would you spend today?
I would be drafting sketches of new ideas and eager to see the ideas materialize, and the eagerness will quickly land me in balls of yarns and crocheting up new designs. When the night moves in, I would love to start reading the 6 new Jane Austen’s novels that I just picked up at the bookstore.

What are your favorite designs/creations?
This is difficult, every doll that I designed holds a special place in me, and each takes an unique characteristics. If I have to pick, I can only attempt to select from my favorite series, which would be the people series.

Where can they see your crafts and designs?
My crafts are sold in various online venues, including my own web store.
saplanet originals webstore:
http://www.simpleartsplanet.com/
etsy store:
http://www.saplanet.etsy.com/
dawanda store:
http://en.dawanda.com/shop/simpleartsplanet
artfire store:
http://saplanet.artfire.com/

What’s the best customer service you can offer?
Since I sell the patterns for my designs, I provide free pattern, and free crochet basics which are available for download. I know how a doll can be so special for each of us, therefore I also offer color customization service at no additional charge.

What’s your hopes and desire for your crafting?
It would be wonderful if I could continue with this business for as long as I could. I firmly believe that there is always room to improve and progress, and only when we constantly attempt to improve on our designs and skills, may we continue to receive agreeable support from our buyers. I would also hope to participate in craft shows in the near future.

Can you share a message to fellow crafters/artisans?
A friend just shared this with me, and I thought it would benefit anyone who strives to continuously improve in whatever they do.
“As long as we believe we are amateur, we can grow more competent.
The moment we think we are Master; there is no more progress or learning.”


Kraftouch: Can I use picture of your work to post in my blog as part of your featured interview?

Saplanet: Sure, I have attached a photo for your use; this photo is recently taken after I completed a bulk order. The photo received many kind compliments in flickr. Alternatively, if you wish, you may grab any photos in my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/simpleartsplanet/ or just off the store front. (Any)

No comments:

Warming your Heart- Red is in the Air Collection

Collection of Dragonflies

Twisted Collection from Artfire

Facebook Badge

Marilou Urbi-Mendoza's Facebook profile